Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pattern Review - Ellie Mae Designs Everyone's Dolled Up (Gown) K157

 I haven't enjoyed making anything more than this in a long while! 
I bought this darling pattern back in October at Quilt Market....and am FINALLY getting around to sewing it up. And, it was so much fun to make, that I ended up sewing THREE of them! 

These darling gowns are part of the "Everyone's Dolled Up" pattern by Ellie Mae Designs. These patterns can be found at your local fabric stores, I know I've seen them at my JoAnn's. 

This is the perfect "little girl" gown! Gathered skirt, darling collar, ruffled sleeves, your choice of hem option AND, you can even make one to match her 18" doll if she is a fan!
The only modification I made was adding a snap to the collar rather than sewing it closed with a button. I wanted to be sure we could get it on and off easily.

 After making the first one, I let my Lil' Miss pick out the fabric for the next. She chose this fun sweets fabric, and I had previously purchased the polka dot to match it, so I used it as a little accent. This is the only one that I added the ruffle too, and I love the look! I made it last or all of them would have likely ended up with the ruffle! :) For the others, since I had made her a size up so they would last a bit, this made me able to just hem the bottom and have the perfect finished length.
 
 I added one of the darling little P.S. I love you tags to the side seams too. 
She was beyond excited about her new gowns! She wore it half the day! :) Very comfy! (and oh so cute!!!)






Since I was on a roll, I made her this third one as a surprise.  I added a bit of coordinating lace trim to the hem. 
 I will most definitely be  making this gown again! 

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Suitable for all sewing levels. The instructions are so well written, with clear illustrations for each step, I believe even a beginner could be successful and enjoy sewing with this pattern.
 Size Range: Girls 3T - 10Y
Special Techniques: Gathering
Pattern Format: Paper
Materials Used: Flannel, light-weight interfacing, snaps, lace trim
Personal Notes: I am so thrilled that this pattern goes all the way up to size 10, as I know I will be sewing it again in the future! It was so enjoyable to create with and the finished garment is both adorable and very nicely finished. The gown is simply precious on and fits beautifully and comfortably. A very pleasant experience all around!

See more of my Pattern Reviews HERE.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sondra said...

absolutely adorable, Kristy!!!!!!!! I love these!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Adorable!!! I'm sure I'd choose the ruffle option, too, Kristy. LOVE the label!!!

Janie said...

I'm a new sewer! I bought this pattern to make matching nightgowns for my 2 grand-daughters for Christmas. I love this pattern but am having a hard time putting the collar and yoke together because I don't understand the directions. Can someone help? I have 2 weeks left to figure this out! Thanks for anyone who can help a beginner sewer. :) Janie Joyce

MarylandNana said...

Hi,
Can anyone tell me about the ruffle? My pattern piece says cut 3 but the directions show only 2 pieces for the ruffle. Does anyone know which is correct?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...