Friday, April 11, 2014

Pattern Review - Little Ninjas by Melly & Me

 This was some really fun sewing!!!!
I've had these adorably "tough" little guys on my sewing list for a good long while now. So glad to finally get to make them! This pattern is the Little Ninja pattern from Melly & Me and was generously gifted to me by the designer to use for the FLUFF Project. She was very kind and enthusiastically supportive of our outreach to children in foster care, and I am very grateful. Just look how sweet these fellas are!

The pattern is very straight forward, easy to follow and sewists of all experience levels will enjoy making these. I think the dolls are perfect for kids of all ages and have already envisioned a few in pink suits! ;) The 6 seen above are being donated as part of our Spring FLUFF Drive!

I had a really fun time picking the fabrics to use. The only variation to the original pattern was that I used pre-made bias tape for the head ties and belts. I also used safety doll eyes in place of embroidery just because I had some on hand. 

 One of these last 2 has found his place next to one of my sons and the other is a special gift.  

You can find the pattern in the Melly & Me shop here.


SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Suitable for all skill levels
Size Range: N/A
Special Techniques: Sewing & stuffing small doll parts
Pattern Format: PDF or Paper available
Materials Used: Cotton woven prints, bias tape for trim, Fairfield World polyester fiberfil, safety doll eyes.
Personal Notes: Fun sewing project and adorable finish that little boys (and girls!) are sure to love!

Inching our way towards our 2nd Quarter GOAL!!!!!
Find out how you can join us and help bring smiles and FLUFF hugs to children in foster care HERE.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What fun little softies, Kristy!!!

Anonymous said...

Love these! How easy would they be for someone fairly new to sewing?

Kristy said...

Hi! This is a straight forward pattern, so if you are comfortable sewing small pieces and curves, I think it would be fine for a beginner.
Happy Sewing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...