Friday, September 20, 2013

Lucy's Little Flower Tunic - Create H.O.P.E. Designs Sew Along

Lucy's Little Flower Tunic is one of my favorite and most sewn Create H.O.P.E. Designs pattern. It's such a fun and easy pattern to make and looks absolutely adorable on my daughter.

My most recent version was made for her to wear for Lil' Brother's adoption day, and I think it's my favorite one yet! 
If you are new to shirring, this is the perfect little garment to practice with. It's just enough to add a sweet accent without being overwhelming to learn on. I do recommend a good quality elastic for shirring, like Stretch-Rite or Gutermann, it makes all the difference in the gathering results you get. 

I found the fabrics at my local JoAnn's and just love how they went together.
I embellished my band with a matching grosgrain ribbon and lots of coordinating buttons and flowers. 

She approved! :)
And she sure looked cute all dressed up too!

I also made matching leggings, a headband and a big bow and you can find the tutorial for them over on the Button Lover's blog here. They provided all the buttons for this sweet project!
You can see a couple of my other Lucy's Tunics here and here

You can find the Lucy's Little Flower Tunic in the Create H.O.P.E. Designs shop here.
Just with all the other high-quality Create H.O.P.E. Designs patterns, it's only $5 and the money raised is used to support organizations serving children in need worldwide.....just like China Little Flower who this sweet pattern is named after!

Won't you join us and sew along to make a difference this month!?!?
Get the details here. 
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...